Sharing Success Matching Grants
Sharing Success Economic Development Matching Grants
San Miguel Power Association Inc., in conjunction with its national cooperative partner, CoBank, seeks funding opportunities that stimulate and enhance our local economies. In order to financially support projects, programs and organizations that are actively working to improve the financial stability of local businesses, expand entrepreneurial opportunities and bring revenue to our towns and counties, SMPA awards matching grants to selected applicants.
The following definition of economic development will be used by SMPA Board of directors for evaluation of all proposals:
Economic development is the development of economic wealth of regions or communities for the well-being of their inhabitants. From a policy perspective, economic development can be defined as efforts that seek to improve the economic well-being and quality of life for a community by creating and/or retaining jobs and supporting or growing incomes and the tax base.
Qualifying projects should:
- Stimulate job creation in our area
- Promote economic growth
- Create/improve local commerce
- Maintain/strengthen existing businesses
- Enhance regional prosperity
- Offer sustainable progress; set the stage for economic development in the long run
- Build collaboration
- Show of our communities attributes
- Demonstrate ability to leverage funds
Previous grant winners have included:
- Ouray County Rodeo Assc. - San Juan Skijoring
- Town of Silverton - Columbine Park
- EcoAction Partners - Green Business Certification
- West End Economic Development - Community Kitchen
- Telluride Foundation - Business Technical Assistance Initiative
- ...and others
Watch for updates to learn about future offerings.
Questions? Email email@example.com